Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Day 07: Fixin' Stitchin' [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

Today, I'm grateful for:

  • The encouragement of friends.
  • The gift of creative interpretation.  Let me explain.  I've picked up counted cross stitch again.  I'm nearly finished with this project:
 

Yes, I know that it isn't outlined yet.  I'll get to it.  I found this pattern for free on Pinterest.  Now, if you know anything about DMC embroidery floss colors, you know that they are like paint colors--very specific to the number.  The colored squares on the pattern pretty much matched the finished project, but many of the floss colors that were to correspond to the colored squares were listed incorrectly.  Whenever I try a new pattern, I think of the newbie who usually follows charts and directions exactly.  If this were the case with this pattern, the mane of this unicorn would not be a lovely rainbow.  I was able to reinterpret the pattern to get the colors right.  Here's my dilemma, for the sake of the newbie who might want to try this pattern, I want to comment to the creator of the pattern about the errors in the pattern.  However, I've had bed experiences with pattern creators who asked for feedback, but were rude and offended when they got it.
  • The scented oil diffuser I got for Christmas last year.  
  • My Christmas tree is up.  There's nothing on it, but it's up.
  • The renovations going on at my apartment building.  I'm not sure how extensive they will be, but I'm glad they starting to upgrade some outside fixtures.

No comments:

Post a Comment