Friday, February 17, 2023

First Line Friday #8: Conversations With My Dog

Thanks to Carrie at
Reading is My Superpower
for the Link-up


 

Title: Conversations With My Dog
Author  Zig Ziglar
Genre:  Humor / Memoir




 〰First Line

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
If you're familiar with me and know my basic outlook on life, you're probably wondering, "What on earth is Zig going to do with a title like Conversations With My Dog?  The answer is simple, I chose this format because it gives me the freedom to move in many different directions.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────

Synopsis:  (From Goodreads:

Most people talk to their pets (some people even talk to their plants), but Zig Ziglar does more than just talk to his dog. He has conversations with him. Taffy is Zig’s little Welsh Corgi. Taffy moved into the Ziglar household in early 1995, and it didn’t take him long to endear himself to Dad (Zig). Over the years Taffy has been a part of the Ziglar family—including some really painful years of mourning. Dirty Dog (Zig’s affectionate nickname for Taffy) and Dad have talked about many facets of life—from faith to health to relationships. They decided (collectively) it was time to write a book.

 〰First Thoughts

I have been a fan of Mr. Ziglar for decades.  His simplistic explanation of the complex subject of leadership has always fascinated me.  Since I'm in the midst of several heavy theological works, this lighthearted look at Ziglar's life is a much needed respite.  The author is narrating this particular selection.  So far, he seems to have a knack for reading his book with the same inflection, passion, and Southern twang present in his audio series.  I don't know much about Ziglar's life, so this may give me some fun insights.
So, what's the first line of the book you're currently reading?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Memory Lane by Becky Wade.
    "After dark that night, Leigh returned from her long journey to bring him his medicine. Thank God, Jonah thought, when he heard her enter Remy's small house. She'd arrived with the good stuff."
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first line this week comes from The Last Chance Cowboy by Jody Hedlund:
    Chicago, Illinois. March 1871
    “ It’s a boy.” Catherine Remington held the squalling infant upside down by his ankles, making sure he didn’t inhale mucus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read so many quotes by Zig Ziglar that it almost seems like I read his books,, but not really, and this one sounds like a cool one to start with.
    Here is my Friday post

    ReplyDelete