Monday, December 21, 2020

More Blessed to Give: The Simple Woman's Daybook

 If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today: Monday, December 21, 2020

Looking Out My Window ... 
 
I was greeted by this spectacular sunrise on my drive to church Sunday morning.  One day I will have a camera that captures the rainbow of hues that are in these fabulous skies.  For now, my phone camera will have to do.
 
I am Thinking...
  • About how to relax, yet get things done during my two week break from work and class.  I plan to accomplish a lot, however, I don't want to be run so ragged that I need a vacation as soon as I go back to work.
  • About the new year.  What shall my goals be?  Will the restrictions start to ease so that I can enjoy more time with people, or will we have another year of solitary confinement?  Either way, how do I make a better go of it in the coming year?
I am Thankful for...

The generosity of our church.  We have a nursing home very close to the church and the opportunity came to bring a Christmas blessing to them.  We have a contact there who can safely deliver everything to the residents since they are, of course, still on lockdown.  We were asked to bring signed cards, individually wrapped store bought snack cakes, and puzzle books.  As you can see, our congregation went above and beyond...and this was just the pile from the first service.  Who knows what the Saturday night and 10:45 Sunday service brought.  I was so glad I got to participate.  My only regret is that I can't help deliver the gifts.  My mom and I used to be on the church nursing home visitation team back home.  The residents were always appreciative of anything we brought them.  It's a lot like bringing kids Christmas who thought they wouldn't get anything.  So fun!

From the Workshop...  

I have a friend/co-worker I make something "Grinch" for every year.  I know I probably should have offered these for sale, but the idea didn't hit me until last week.

I tried my hand at making paper cut Christmas cards (I don't know what I'm supposed to call them, but they're not made from paintings like my other cards).






From Auntie's Test Kitchen... Nothing new at the moment. However, I'm gearing up for a Christmas and New Year's feast and preparing to try new recipes in the coming year.

I am Reading...  
 
On Prayer and the Contemplative Life by Thomas Aquinas
God With Us:  Reflections on the Incarnation by Charles Spurgeon
Faith Outside the Lines by Rebecca List-Bergeron
Christian Apologetics by Douglas R. Groothus

Completed volumes since my last Daybook:
 
1.    Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
2.    The Four Loves by C. S. Lewis
3.    The Weight of Glory by C. S. Lewis

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

"What's the opposite of homemade sin? Storebought sin? Do they sell it on Black Friday? If so, somebody bring me some. I'm fresh out." - Auntie's Musings 11/28/14

"When you have to be told a word's offensive, and nobody knew it beforehand, that means it wasn't offensive. Don't know if y'all know that." - Greg Burgess

Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Cancel.


 
 

 



A friend posted this on Facebook:
 



THIS was my answer:

Yeah, I know it's crude, but dang it was funny. 😈



 

No comments:

Post a Comment