Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Labor Force: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Add caption

Something you've done in recent days or months that might be described as a labor of love?

I've always heard that phrase thrown around, but never knew exactly what it meant.  A labor of love is defined as "a task done for pleasure, not reward."  I would say that my art is a labor of love.  Yes, it would be nice if more of it would sell, but as long as I can afford materials, I'll keep creating for pleasure.

Last time you 'worked your fingers to the bone'?

Are we talking overwork or just a lot of work?  There was a time when I overextended myself with volunteer work and on my job.  It was painful at first, but I finally started telling people no and quit a job that was killing me.  In the long run it was the best thing I could have done for myself.

According to a recent survey people named the following ten jobs as the hardest-nurse, doctor, paramedic, police officer, firefighter, surgeon, healthcare worker, bomb squad, farmer, and prison warden. Of the jobs listed which would you say is the hardest? The one you'd most like to do? Least like to do? What's one job you would add to the list?

Of all the jobs on the list, I'd say in our current climate the hardest job would be police officer.  A few rogue and inept officers caused many to distrust all cops, which isn't right.  I'm not going to get political, but many who are screaming to defund law enforcement are the ones who can afford private security, or have it provided by our tax dollars, or just want to be free of the cops so they can act a fool.  Do I think there needs to be some reform so that those who are inept are trained better and rogue ones gotten out of the force rather than moved around until they kill somebody?  Absolutely.  But a municipality getting rid of the police force altogether is an asinine concept.

The only job on the list I would want to do is farmer.  I know that farming is much different than tending a garden, but I feel like I could learn and do a better job of it than any of the other jobs on the list.  I defanitely would not want to be a prison warden--although I did teach preschool and that's sometimes similar. 😁

I would add to the list teacher and administrative assistant.  I've done both and they are difficult.

A recipe you make that is labor intensive, but worth it? 

German chocolate cake from scratch.  I have a recipe not only for the cake but the coconut pecan icing from scratch.  I've made it once and it takes a while, but it's so worth it.

Last job you did or task you completed that required teamwork?

Since I'm an Admin, most of my tasks require teamwork.  We share information and strategies for various projects all the time.

Insert your own random thought here. 

Today is National Wonderful Weirdos Day.  I shall celebrate with a couple of videos from some of my favorite weirdos:

 Weird Al Yankovic

 

Rhett and Link

2 comments:

  1. Teachers have an especially difficult job these days, not just because of the pandemic, but also because of the general lack of respect for adults/authority figures in society today. It's sad. I'm glad you left that stressful job behind!

    ReplyDelete