Sunday, August 2, 2020

Cupcake Pants: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today: Sunday, August 2, 2020

Looking Out My Window...This weeks beauties.  These are from flower beds in a parking lot just down from our offices.






I am Thinking...
  • I'm thinking about the theme for my next reading challenge.  Yes, I know it's not until 2021, but it's on my mind.
  • My church is going to begin live services with limited seating on the weekend of August 15-16.  Of course, we'll have to social distance, wear masks, and avoid physical contact.  I had said before that I most likely wouldn't attend again until we could do it right, but I really miss my church family.  I think I'm going to try attending once and see if I can stand it.  This may be worse for my psyche than staying home watching it on the internet.
I am Thankful...
  • I got my PAID IN FULL letter from one of my creditors this week.  I'm done with Discover Card forever! That's #6 on my 50 for Fifty list.
Celebrating 12 years of working on it.
From the Workshop... 

Made another mesh wreath.

Finished another baby afghan for Colorado Family Life Center.

From Auntie's Test Kitchen...

A couple of upgrades:

Finally bought a real flour sifter.
Now my sieve can go back to being a sieve.


Here's my upgraded solution to my muffins sticking
to the pan no matter how well I grease it.


I am Reading...
If I Had Lunch With C. S. Lewis by Alister McGrath
Holy Scripture: A Dogmatic Sketch by John Webster
Theological Interpretation of Scripture by Stephen Fowl
Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis

Completed volumes since my last Daybook:
Eat This Book by Eugene Peterson
Breaking Free by Beth Moore
Tactics by Gregory Koukl
The Story of Christianity, Volume 2 by Justo Gonzalez

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

"I didn't like Hacky Sack 'cuz I never smoked dope." - Rick Burgess, Rick and Bubba Show, July 30, 2020.

"Global," however is more than a geographical matter.  Our new global narrative must include those who have traditionally been excluded, no matter where they live.  The new narrative must be global both in its horizontal, geographic dimension--acknowledging the faith, the lives, and the struggles of those whose story is too often excluded from the wider narrative.  This includes women in most parts of the world--and certainly in most branches of the church--the poor, the uneducated, ethnic and cultural minorities, and any others who for whatever reason are considered less worthy of attention. - Justo L. Gonzalez, The Story of Christianity, Volume 2, p. 529.

Psalm 69:6 (MSG) - Don't let those who look to you in hope be discouraged by what happens to me, Dear Lord!  God of the armies!  Don't let others out looking for you come to a dead end by following me--Please, dear God of Israel!

Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  Respect.





No comments:

Post a Comment