Sunday, July 19, 2020

Couldn't Think of a Clever Title: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today: Sunday, July 19 , 2020

Looking Out My Window ... More pictures of the beauty that is around me. These are from my friend Joan's flower garden:


I am Thinking...
  • I start a new course tomorrow and I'm thinking about the materials.
  • I'm thinking about my next craft projects (always).
  • I'm wondering whether the Marching Southerners will have the reunion this year.  It wouldn't be until November, so we've still got time.
  • I wondering how to get the sweat smell out of clothes in a washing machine that you can't soak anything in or lengthen the wash time.

I am Thankful...
  • For my tire problem only being a faulty valve stem:  I hadn't run over anything and it only cost $5.00 to fix.
  • For a great time of painting and chatting with my friend Joan.
  • For a fun time of crafting and catching up with my sister Clara this weekend.  We've decided to have a Christmas crafting day over video chat once a month.  I didn't quite finish what I was working on, but I'll show it to you at my next Daybook.  It should be ready by then. 
  • For a cell phone that takes really good pictures. I do want a more professional digital camera, but until then my phone does a good job.
  • For YouTube craft tutorials.

From the Workshop... 

I completed another blanket for Colorado Family Life Center. The pattern is called "Pretty in Peach."  It's from an old Leisure Arts pattern book.



Had a fun painting party with Kristi and Misty this past week.


From Auntie's Test Kitchen
...Nothing much this week.

I am Reading...

Esther Ried by Isabella McDonald Alden (Pansy)
Breaking Free by Beth Moore
Tactics by Gregory Koukl
Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis
The Story of Christianity, Volume 2 by Justo Gonzalez

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

"The filling only He can give does not automatically accompany our salvation...Salvation secures our lives for all eternity.  Soul satisfaction ensures abundant life on earth." - Beth Moore.

From the book Given by Tina Boesch

 
Now For Something Totally Different ...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  Smile.








2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the Breaking Free Bible study right now. Your blanket is so pretty. I crocheted a blanket once. The result was SAD. It actually fell apart.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is an eye-opener.

      By the way, don't give up on crocheting. My first efforts weren't that great either. I've been at it for nearly 30 years and I still make mistakes.

      Delete