Friday, July 5, 2019

Five Minute Friday: "Take"



  • Take My Life and Let it Be
  • Takin' Care of Business
  • Take on Me
  • Take Me Home
  • Take This Job and Shove It
  • We're Not Gonna Take It
  • Every Breath You Take
As the saying goes, we're supposed to "take life by the reins."  Thought I know that God holds the reins of my life, I'm also well aware that there are steps I must take to get into and stay in God's great plan.  I can't be like a bucking bronco and try to go my own way.  I must be more docile by readily yielding to the promptings of God's spirit.

My goal is to take charge of life, rather that let it happen around me.  I'm making a conscious effort to say yes to more things even when I'm afraid.  Even on the rare occasion that things didn't go as well as expected, I've been bettered for the experience.  Some fears are still there, but some have been adequately conquered.  My job is to keep taking all the God-offered opportunities given to me.

1 comment:

  1. 'Take On Me' - wow, GREAT memories of the 80s! What a cool song.

    A poem for you, Auntie (you are MY adopted aunt!). I hope you like it.

    I do not have what it takes
    to fight this war alone.
    Cancer's winning, that's the breaks,
    and I'm bloody to the bone.
    But there are bigger plans afoot
    and while I may not heal,
    God may use me as His boot
    to make the devil kneel.
    I cannot now see the end,
    but I know that God is Great,
    and I count him as a Friend
    no matter what my fate.
    I'm no sheep grazing in the grass;
    I'm takin' names, and kickin' ass.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/07/your-dying-spouse-641-freedom-to-love.html

    ReplyDelete