Friday, June 28, 2019

Five Minute Friday: "World"





Several songs came to mind when I saw the prompt (videos below):
  • Hey World!
  • Place in the World
  • Big World
  • This is My Father's World
I know that most people think that someone my age shouldn't still be wondering what her place is in the world.  Fortunately, I have better people in my life than that.  A couple of conversations this week have given me hope.

One conversation reminded me that I'm not behind.  I often feel like I'm behind everyone and can never catch up.  I have to remember that God knows all;  He knew when I would enter this world before I was even thought of.  He knew what my past would be.  He knew how long it would take me to work my recovery.  He knows how many days I have in this world and how I can complete what He has for me in the time I have left.

Psalm 31:15a - "My times are in your hands..."

I was sharing with a co-worker my thoughts from my last FMF post (she doesn't read my blog).  Her take on it was very different.  She said that while it may be true that some see God using the healing of their childhood hurts as a way to make them a better spouse and/or parent, it's more important that it makes one be more Christ-like in every relationship. 

Matthew 10:8 - "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." 

As I freely receive, I want to freely pass the healing to anyone who wants it.



Postscript:  One more song came to mind as I finished this post (video below).  The lines that stood out are in the bridge:

And if I take it all for granted, I can throw it all away.
     So I want to leave the world better when I’m gone.
And I know the morning after will bring another day.
     So this is my revival song… it’s my revival song.







2 comments:

  1. I too can feel like I'm behind everyone and can never quite catch up or catch on! So comforting to remember God knows each and every one of our days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, plus He has the power to redeem the time we think we've lost. Joel 2:25 - And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

      Delete