Sunday, November 25, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 04 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 04:

I'm thankful for...
  • .... making it to church this weekend.  I've missed the past two weeks because of icy weather.  It was great.
  • ... making it to church without incident.  We had a small dusting of snow in Lakewood, so the roads were dry.  However, when I got to Aurora?  Dear sweet, Lord.  That was only the 2nd time in my life I'd ever driven over icy roads.  I'm thankful I made it, but I won't be doing a repeat performance of that trek.   I'm also thankful that by the time I got out of church, the road were ice free and nearly dry.
  • ... finding a family of University of Alabama fans at Wal-Mart.  I just happened to catch them as I left.  I know that may not seem like a big deal, but it just makes me feel better knowing that other native southerners are in the Denver area.  Makes me feel less alone, I guess.
  • ...today's message:
Today's Throwback Thanks goes to Pastor T. R. Harper:
Thank you for building on the foundation of faith that Pastor Smith laid when I first gave my heart to Christ.  Thank you for being willing to preach the uncompromised Word of God in the face of adversity.  Thanks for all the great examples, "dad" jokes, and rabbit trails in your sermons.  Thanks for seeing God's gifts in me and allowing me to use them for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment