Saturday, October 27, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 27: "Whole"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



I Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV) - And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When we bring all of who we are to God, He cares about the totality of  it.  He doesn't just care about the spiritual; He also cares about the physical and the mental.  After all, He created the whole man, so the whole man is His concern.

I'm glad to see that churches are finally starting to give care to the sum total of the human as God intended.  For the longest, mental health, nutrition, and physical exercise weren't on the radar, and were even frowned upon. 

In my research on getting through the winter, I'm looking for total self-care.  Hopefully, it will help me come out whole on the other side of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment