Friday, October 26, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 26: "Moment."


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/



In the moment.
Spur of the moment.
Moment of truth.
Ah-ha moment.
Defining moment.
Moment of decision.
Live in the moment.
Senior moment.
Blond moment.
I need a moment.

I know I've talked a lot about the coming winter, but other than my vacation, it's predominant in my mind.  I'm sorry, but it scares me.  The prospect of cold lonely dark days sends shivers up my spine.  An upcoming battle royale with Seasonal Affective Disorder already makes me tired.  However, a ray of hope shines--and God used a couple of podcasts to turn the light on.

I'd heard on the By the Book podcast about the Danish concept of "hygge," or cozy.  However, the hosts ruined it because they claimed it was a "white middle class concept."











Anyway...

This week's Ear Biscuits podcast was about whether the seasons affected humans mentally and why (or why not).  They mentioned the Norwegian concept of "Koselig."  Like hygge, koselig is the act of finding the cozy of the season.  Cozy knows no race or socioeconomic status and is relative to the individual.  What's cozy to you might not be cozy to me, and vice versa. 

As the new season sets in, I will be looking for moments of cozy.  Somehow, moment by moment, I'm going to beat this thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment