Monday, November 20, 2017

Fall Festival: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Monday, November 20, 2017
 

Outside my window  Another cool, crisp, Colorado morning.

I am thinking...  
  • ... about doing another 40 Days of Gratitude blog challenge.  It will start on November 22nd and take us through the end of the year.
  • ... about the holidays and how I'll celebrate them in this new place.  We've already had a couple of fun Thanksgiving celebrations at work.
  • ... about decorating plans for my apartment.  I've got lot's of ideas and it will be fun to experiment.

I am thankful...  Oh, for so many things.  So many things have fallen into place since we first planned this move out West.  Only God could have orchestrated what has happened.  To Him I give the glory.
 
From the Workshop...
 
Auntie's Workshop is on temporary hiatus as I furnish my apartment with the necessities.  As soon as I have a suitable workspace from which to create, I'll be right back at it.
 
I am reading...  
 
The Women of Christmas by Liz Higgs
The Last Bus to Albuquerque by Lewis Grizzard
 
Books I've completed since my last Daybook:
  • Real Artists Don't Starve by Jeff Goins.  The review is here.

I am learning...

On my job, I'm learning new procedures, new computer programs, and new equipment. 

In my new city, I'm learning where things are and how things work.


  
Favorite quote(s) of the week

"Scripture doesn't call for us to lay out our lives without any semblance of a game plan and in defiance of mathematics and call it 'trusting God.'" - Dave Ramsey

"Genius tends to happen in community, not isolation." - Marshal Ferrell.

"Promotion isn't something an artist avoids; it's an essential part of the job." - Jeff Goins.
 
I am looking forward to... 
  • A few days off for Thanksgiving.
  • Saturday's Iron Bowl.  #RollTide
  • JSU's first playoff game in December.  #FearTheBeak
  • Going back to IKEA.
  • Volunteering at the Christmas Shop ministry the first Saturday of December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment