Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Happy Song: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, October 26, 2014

Outside my window … The pink skies of a hazy sunrise.

I am thinking... about my day.  My playing has been a little off since last week.  I jammed at CR with Audience of One on Friday, but I'm still concerned that I'll still be off during worship today.  I know the main point is that God be pleased, but I also want it to sound good.

I am thankful... for strong hands that work hard and create beauty.
 
In the kitchen...  I plan to be out on the Ladiga Trail today after church.  I'm taking some snacks and trail mix with me.  I'll have a good dinner when I get in from practice this evening. 

I am wearing... bedclothes.  I'll get dressed in a few minutes.

I am creating...
 Christmas items for the sale.  I'll soon be painting my monthly senior dance prize for November.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

I am going...  To church, to workout, to worship team practice, for a walk with a friend, and then home to crash.  That's my plan for today anyway.
 
I am wondering... what this first winter in my new place will be like.  Winter is always the hardest season for me.  I've got the benefit of getting ready for the sale, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  But then what?  I do not want January and February to be downers.

I am reading...  Finally finishing up The Art of Prayer by Kenneth Hagin.  I'm also on the last chapter of Seeking the Heart of God:  Reflections on Prayer by Mother Teresa and Brother Roger.  I've got several more on my "to read" list.

I am hoping... for a good productive week for the Workshop.  I'm also hoping for a good workout week.  This has been the best running/walking mileage month for me this year, and I want to finish October strong.

I am looking forward to...
the Christmas sale, the Kyle Comfort 5k and serving dinner at St. Luke's Episcopal Church on Thanksgiving Day.
 
I am learning
… that those who keep telling me to sell my art on yard sale websites don't understand the value of my work.

Around the house... Nothing today.  I'm planning on a fun day away from home.
 
I am pondering...  on strategies to deal with my food pushing roommate.  Apparently "just say no" doesn't work with her.
 
A favorite quote for today... 

I wonder if when my Latino friends "Por espanol marke dos," do they get an American speaking in broken Spanish? Just a thought. -- Me

“When we take our places in prayer for each another, we are helping the entire body [of Christ] come into maturity.” - Kenneth Hagin Sr.

One of my favorite things... Boye crochet hooks..

A few plans for the rest of the week:   Not sure.  I know I'll keep up my workout schedule and I've got a few errands to run, but other than that, I'm not sure.

A peek into my day...  Happy Sunday, y'all

 

No comments:

Post a Comment