Thursday, November 23, 2023

Day 01: The Kids' Table [40 Days of Gratitude 2023]

Hey y'all.  It's been a hot minute.  I haven't posted in a while, and I've not done this challenge since 2017.  For some reason I stopped at day 30 and for the life of me can't remember why.  Anyway.  I hope that these posts will not only catch y'all up, but get me back to consistent blogging again.  It's not for a lack of trying.  For the past few weeks, every time I've sat down to attempt a post, every word that traveled through my brain sounded like Charlie Brown's teachers.






 

And who wants that?

So let's begin.

Today, I'm grateful for:

  • Finishing my final class of the year.  In 2023, I taught seven courses.  Now you know why my brain is mush.  This officially starts my teaching sabbatical.  I'm still working my full time job, but I'm taking a break from teaching.
  • A place to go for the holiday after my initial plans fell through.

My friend Chris and her family owns J. C.'s Cafe in Golden.  Every Thanksgiving, they close the restaurant and have a potluck for any of their family and friends who don't have anywhere to go for the holiday.  The food was great and I had a good time.  

I even sat at the kids' table for a bit and colored with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment