Thursday, November 29, 2018

40 Days of Throwback Thanks: Day 08 [My Mythical Year]

See my post here for more information on My Mythical Year.
 

40 Days of Throwback Thanks


Day 08:

I'm thankful for...
  • ... the gift of a new poinsettia from the Leading Ladies group at work.
  • ... waking up before my alarm and using that time to work on a project, have a leisurely cup of coffee, and listen to a really encouraging sermon.
  • ... a very productive day at work.
  • ... though the day was cold, it was bright and sunny.
Today's Throwback Thanks goes to all the wonderful drummers I've had the privilege of accompanying, learning from, and building friendships with:
  • Chuck Gober - he taught me to play drumset.
  • Homer Smith - my band director who taught me to play rudimentary drums (he happens to be a drummer also).
  • Tony Parris  - we played at Faith Temple together for years.
  • Jeremiah Parris - Tony's son who played with our worship band for a while.  He now plays for the Marching Southerners.  I'm so proud of you, boy!
  • Jeffrey Parris - Tony's other son who plays for Weaver High School (AL) and wants to join the Marching Southerners.  You can do it!  I know Jeremiah and Jeffrey aren't my kids, but they both told me that I inspired them to be in band.  So, I'll be a proud Auntie!
  • Jeff Junior - we played at Faith Temple together for several years.  No, we both ain't right; that's why we enjoyed it so much.
  • Cole Landers - we played for First Baptist's worship team for several years.
  • Rick Casey - I still say we need more cowbell!
  • Brian Robinson - Whether it was chapel at Jacksonville Christian Academy, or at Celebrate Recover, Brian always has an excellent spirit of worship.
  • Steve Boullemet - I've had the honor of filling in with Steve and Audience of One at First United Methodist Church, and at Celebrate Recovery.
I think that's everyone.  Goodness, I've been around.  Well, I have played off and on for 31 years, so I guess so.

No comments:

Post a Comment