Sunday, August 20, 2017

Settling In: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, August 20, 2017
 

Outside my window  Colorado summer feels like Alabama autumn.  I've been sleeping with my bedroom window open to let in the cooler temperatures.

I am thinking...  about how God took such good care of me during my drive out here.  In case you haven't read it, I chronicle my trip here.
 
Little "Bea" on her
first day of school.
I am thankful...  for the hospitality and inclusion from the friends who are sharing their home with me.  Wednesday was their daughter, Beatrix's first day of Kindergarten.  The school is a short walk around the corner.  They included me in the fun of the walk and watching her go into her class for the first time.  This isn't even my child, but I felt myself tearing up.
 
From the Workshop... I've started a new crochet project that should be finished by the time I write my next daybook.  Here are a couple of projects I finished before leaving for Colorado:














I am reading...

Currently off the shelf (among the pile):

Now I'm number 28 on the waiting list.
 
I'm also still working my way through The Finishing Touch by Chuck Swindoll

Books I've finished since my last Daybook:
  • Trajectory by Richard Russo.   My review is here.
  • Your Best Life Now. by Joel Osteen.  I've not written a review yet.  Sorry, but I've been kind of busy.
I am learning... to acclimate to the new altitude.  I'm drinking water like crazy and resting my body when it needs it.  I feel better every day, but it will take a few more days for me to get back to normal.  The exhaustion of all the driving didn't hit until a couple of days ago.  I'm not going to push it.  I'm anxious to get outside to ride and walk, but if I'm too tired, there's no sense in doing myself harm with overexertion.

I am looking forward to... 
  • Learning more about my new town.
  • Getting myself an interview suit.
  • Creating baby items for the Colorado Family Life Center.  This center is much like Sav-A-Life, so I feel comfortable donating to them.

And now for something totally different...

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Speak


 


No comments:

Post a Comment